Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Is the universe playing an April Fool's Day prank on me???

I made myself a sandwich just now, but before I could eat it Timothy needed to go down for a nap. I carefully hid the sandwich from Moses, who would have certainly devoured it before I got back, and now I can't find it! I've looked everywhere! If I weren't relatively alone in the house (there are cats and Timothy here) I would assume Chris was playing a prank on me. At this point, I would be happy to find an empty plate as proof that a cat ate my sandwich. It would prove I'm not going insane. It would prove that I did indeed make the sandwich in the first place.

It should be noted that while I was typing this, Moses found my can of spicy V8, knocked it over and drank it. It's looking a lot like one of those days from where I stand.

4 comments:

Moi said...

Maybe you tucked the sandwich in for a nap while the cats ate Timothy?

Eryn said...

Did you ever find your sandwich?

Lista said...

Why yes, in fact I did! Not until I gave up and went to make another one, though! I found it in the plate cabinet! I'm pretty sure I put it there, but I'm also pretty sure I meant to put it in the fridge!

Moi said...

Of course you had to make another sandwich before you found the other one. It's just how the universe works!
(I'm snickering about the cabinet thing since I doubt that was on purpose. The geezer's parents used to store perishable foods like butter in their cabinets, and let me just say... not a very pleasent surprise while either putting away dishes or biting into rancid buttery ears of corn.)