Monday, July 14, 2008

And so, it begins...

I have now downloaded my pictures. How is it possible that between June 12th and July 14th, I took 365 pictures? At the current rate of things, Chris should be able to finish putting all our pictures onto Flickr sometime around 2019. If he's lucky. So, first things first. We bought a slip 'n slide. The kids enjoy it. Chris didn't seem to enjoy it that much. I have video. Hopefully, I will be able to put the video on for your viewing...amusement.

Gabe had to come up with a new and innovative way to slip 'n slide, of course. He preferred to do it on his swimming kick board.

Timothy prefered the method of lying down and one end and propelling himself with his hands. His performance was not unlike that of a seal on land. It was amusing.

The whole thing ended up turning the back yard into a soup of mud and grass. Not that the back yard was that impressive to begin with. I consider a little mud a sacrifice well worth making if it entertains the boys for more than five minutes at a time.

Clearly, it did. But they were not nearly as entertained by the slip 'n slide as I was by Chris on the slip 'n slide. Apparently, there are certain...ahem...parts of the human anatomy...that don't enjoy the slip 'n slide experience as much in adulthood as they did in childhood. This is what I'm told, anyway. You wouldn't catch me on one!

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...I present Chris, on the slip 'n slide!

3 comments:

Knit Witch said...

That's great!! Your hubby is handsome! Man, you know MY hubby - he would have probably been doing it nekkid so a film on the blog probably would NOT have been appropriate!

Lista said...

Thanks! I like him a lot! He's not very happy with me for posting pictures of him in a swimsuit, so I'll be sure to pass along your compliment! :o)

The Almighty Betherson "Ninja" said...

the fabled "husbeast" haha