Sunday, June 15, 2008

These are a few of my favorite dads...

Happy Father's Day! I felt that I should take a moment to write a little tribute to some of the great dads in my life. In no particular order...

My dear, sweet husband, Chris. Here he is, introducing his eldest son to his youngest son.

Next, we have Pawpaw. Here he is, meeting Timothy for the first time.

Here's my own wonderful dad, or "Popple", as he is now know. Here, if I recall, he and Timothy were discussing key battles of the Civil War. No, I'm not kidding. If you ever wonder about some of the strange things my kids seem to know from a young age...he's your guy.

Here's Grandpa Jasper. Timothy was completely fascinated with him during this particular meal.

Another one of Pawpaw, Timothy and Gabe. I just realized how much Gabe has grown. He looks so little in this picture!

Timothy's favorite place to sleep (then and now!). Chris doesn't seem to mind it much.

Popple and his boys.

Chris and Timothy, as you might recall from previous posts, have birthdays two days apart. Thus, Timothy turned a year old right around the same time Chris turned thirty. There was cake. Lots of cake. There is always lots of cake.


Father's Day 2006.

Chris is wearing the very special apron that Gabe made him for Father's Day. Aren't they cute?

Here are my boys at the petting zoo.

Pawpaw and Gabe, in October of 2006. What a little ham I'm raising!

Here's one from Father's Day last year. Look, I'm on my blog!

Grandpa Jasper and the boys, last summer. These boys love their grandpas!

Chris and Gabe from this year's Pinewood Derby.

There are no pictures of another very dear dad, because Chris' dad, Pop, passed away before we owned a digital camera. It was fun going through all our old picture files, but there are so many more pictures of all these great men in my life. Some of them are in boxes or albums at my mom's house. Some of them exist in my mind alone. I just wanted to take a moment to thank them for all that they do, and all the support they've given me over the last 28 years. They're a wonderful bunch, and I'm sure that someday my sons will grow up to be wonderful dads because of the example these guys have set. When that happens, Gabe has already warned me that I will NOT be allowed to babysit his kids, because I will be sure to spoil them rotten and then send them home. He knows me well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe it was actully the Battle of Shiloh.
Popple

P.S. Thanks, hon.