Sunday, January 18, 2009

Before everything was gray...

Remember color?? It made the world less blah and depressing. I was really debating whether or not to post pictures from months ago, but they were so bright and cheerful, they just demanded to be posted! Here's the yearly shot of the boys outside Gabe's school playground.

This is our fourth year to take this picture. Wow, fourth. I'm getting old. Someday, I'll frame them all in a row and be amazed at how my boys have grown.

OK, I admit it...I was trying to be all artsy and get some cool shots of the leaves. I have neither my sister's skill or her cool equipment, though, so I'll have to be content by how cool and artsy it looked in my head.

I could just stare at these leaves all day. Fall is nature's way of apologizing in advance for what it's about to do to us.

And presenting...a new traditional shot. We got a tree this year. If it wasn't for the fact that I've been traveling backward in time to catch up, you'd have already seen the Scouts planting it. Now we'll take pictures to watch the tree AND the kids grow!

Our tree looks very pretty when it has leaves. Right now it looks like a sad little stick. It's not a bad little tree, Charlie Brown. All it needs is a little love!

I no longer remember why Gabe was posing this way. Oh, well, I suppose it isn't important. Either that or it was followed by something so traumatic I've blocked it from my memory. Knowing my sons, it could be either.

Before everything froze, I harvested what I could from my little garden. We got LOTS of cherry tomatoes!

The flowers were pretty, too!

Ah, color! See, don't you feel better?

2 comments:

Christina said...

Whoever you sell your house to is going to find it really creepy that you bring your kids there every year to take pictures in front of their tree.
While others may find that an odd statement, I know you find hope in it =)

MamaT said...

Ahh...thank you for the color. Although winter doesn't bother me as much as it does you (I grew up with it--you didn't!) I do get tired of gray. I'm so thankful for sunny days and lots of colorful fabric in my sewing room!!! You should come over and roll in it!