Thursday, September 4, 2008

Erqsome and KTB tagged me...

Several eons ago. And I'm just now responding. So, here we go.

6 quirky things meme

The rules:

1) Link to the person who tagged me
2) Mention the rules
3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself
4) Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them
5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged

First Quirky Thing:
I was totally inspired by the story of Erqsome's whistling nostril, so I have to tell my own story about a nose whistle. Sorry, Dre, you can kill me later. When I was a teenager, my younger brother and I noticed that our dear sister's nose whistled. We would sit with her between us during church, and I don't know if it was because we noticed it more and more as time progressed, or if it really got louder, or if we were just really bored, but by the time we'd been sitting there half an hour it seemed deafening. And nobody noticed it but the two of us, so we'd get into trouble for leaning over her to discuss it. Why this is still funny to me, I can't tell you, but it is.

Second Quirky Thing:
I hate making phone calls unless I know the person I'm calling really, really well. Thus, I refuse to order pizza. My husband thinks this is hopelessly weird.

Third Quirky Thing:
I have a freckle underneath my left eye, on that little weird ledge between the eye lashes and the eyeball.

Fourth Quirky Thing:
I once went into McDonalds and ordered a hamburger with no meat. I was five at the time, and my parents have never let me forget it.

Fifth Quirky Thing:
Having my picture taken professionally by anyone other than my sister makes me so nervous that I literally nearly make myself sick. I discovered this a few days ago when I had to go get head shots taken for my studio's website.

Sixth Quirky Thing:
Beer tastes slippery to me. I cannot explain what I mean by "slippery", but it bothers me so much that I can't drink the stuff.

There, now you all know how neurotic I am! Well, most of you knew it before. Now I have to tag people. I don't remember who I tagged last time, so I will try not to tag the same people again!

1. Dre
2. TheKnitWitch
3. Jesh
4. April
5. Brooke
6. Halcyon (should she ever rejoin the online world!)


3 comments:

Andrea said...

I don't remember my nose whistling. Wouldn't that qualify as a quirky fact about me and not you? And why the crap did you have your pictures done by someone else?!

Lista said...

It was more the fact that Aaron and I were so annoyed by it and used to have long whispered discussions during communion, until someone would whack us in the back of the head or give us a look with eyeballs standing out on stalks. You can guess which parent did which!

Lista said...

Oh, yeah, and you'll have to call me for details on the pictures. Let's just say it wasn't my choice on any of it. I left you a message about it on your cell phone.