Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Is everyone celebrating?


I hope that all of you will join with me in celebrating an important holiday. According to a calender of useless celebrations that I recently discovered online, today is "Answer Your Cat's Questions Day". For many of you, this is a quick process. For me, it is an all-day event. There are currently 11 cats under my care, and as it turns out, they had a lot more questions than you might think. The most common question seemed to be "Are you going to feed us again soon?", closely followed by "Why on EARTH would you submerge yourself in water?" This last one was asked by Miss Mouse and Jack, who take turns playing lifeguard as I bathe. The appear to be convinced that I'm drowning each time I take a bath. So, have a safe and happy "Answer Your Cat's Questions Day", and try not to overindulge in catnip. Remember those New Year's resolutions, everyone!

2 comments:

Moi said...

Hmmm, this is a new holiday for me. Luckily I've only got two furry beasts, but I have no clue what they'd ask me... There's such a high level of insanity around here that pretty much anything goes without freaking them out.
The only one I can think of would be, "Why do humans find it so fun to pet us backwards?" <--usually good for getting bitten fairly severely, but always amusing no matter the resulting injuries!

Bimbo Baggins said...

Well, I'm a little late for the holiday, but I just found your blog, so I have an excuse!
I have 2 cats and I know the question on their minds is: "why does the child insist on speaking in that shrill tone and always try and pick us up?" I'm sorry cats...my daughter has been re-incarnated as Elmira from Anamaniacs...